|1||In A Silent Way||4:47|
|3||Doctor Honoris Causa||14:47|
|4||Arrival In New York||1:59|
|5||His Last Journey||4:37|
|SD 1579||Zawinul||Zawinul (LP, Album)||Atlantic||SD 1579||US||1971|
|SD 1579||Zawinul||Zawinul (LP, Album, MO)||Atlantic||SD 1579||US||1971|
|1579-2||Joe Zawinul||Zawinul (CD, Album, RE)||Atlantic, Atlantic Jazz||1579-2||US||1994|
|MOVLP1162||Joe Zawinul||Zawinul (LP, Album, RE, RM, 180)||Music On Vinyl||MOVLP1162||Netherlands||2014|
|MSC 5006||Joe Zawinul||Zawinul (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Mosaic Contemporary||MSC 5006||US||2007|
- Bass – Miroslav Vitous, Walter Booker
- Coordinator – Dick Cutler
- Electric Piano – Herbie Hancock, Joe Zawinul
- Engineer [Re-mix] – Lewis Hahn
- Engineer [Recording] – Gene Paul, Lewis Hahn
- Flute – George Davis (tracks: A1 to B1, B3), Hubert Laws (tracks: B2)
- Liner Notes – Miles Davis
- Melodica – Jack DeJohnette (tracks: B1)
- Percussion – Billy Hart, David Lee , Jack DeJohnette (tracks: B2), Joe Chambers
- Photography By [Cover Photo], Design – Ed Freeman
- Producer – Joel Dorn
- Soprano Saxophone – Earl Turbinton (tracks: A1 to B1, B3), Wayne Shorter (tracks: B2)
- Trumpet – Jimmy Owens (tracks: B1), Woody Shaw (tracks: A1, A2, B2, B3)
- Written-By – Joe Zawinul
NotesLabel variant with "75 Rockefeller Plaza" address.
Music for two electric pianos, flute, trumpet, soprano saxophone, two contrabasses and percussion.
A1: Dedicated to Herbie Hancock for his Honorary Doctorate at Grinnell University in Des Moines, Iowa.
A2: Impressions of Joe Zawinul's as a shepherd boy in Austria.
B1: A tone poem reminiscent of his grandfather's funeral on a cold winter day in an Austrian mountain village.
B2: A concept of what man thinks he is as opposed to what he really is.
B3: Joe Zawinul's first impression of New York when he arrived here as a boy on a ship from France.
Recorded at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York, N.Y.
© 1971 Atlantic Recording Company
Printed in U.S.A.
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side A): ST-A-702093 PR
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side B): ST-A-702094 PR
- Matrix / Runout (Run-out area side A hand-etched): ST-A-702093C At-GP PR 4H4
- Matrix / Runout (Run-out area side B hand-etched): ST-A-702094-H A7-9P PR LW
- Recorded At – Atlantic Studios
- Published By – Zawinul Music
- Record Company – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Manufactured By – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Pressed By – Presswell
Short introZawinul is an album by jazz composer and pianist Joe Zawinul recorded in 1970 by Zawinul performing music for two electric pianos, flute, trumpet, soprano saxophone, two contra basses and percussion. The album reached number 17 in the Billboard Jazz album charts. Ginell awarded the album 4 stars, stating, Conceptually, sonically, this is really the first Weather Report album in all but name, confirming that Joe Zawinul was the primary creative engine behind the group. Conceptually, sonically, this is really the first Weather Report album in all but name, confirming that Joe Zawinul was the primary creative engine behind the group from the beginning. It is also the link between WR and Miles Davis' keyboard-laden experiments on In a Silent Way indeed, the tune In a Silent Way is redone in the more complex form in which Zawinul envisioned it, and Miles even contributes a brief, generous tribute to Zawinul on the liner. Joe Zawinul - Zawinul 1971. To favorites 2 Download album. Listen album. Joe Zawinul. Songs in album Joe Zawinul - Zawinul 1971. Joe Zawinul - Doctor Honoris Causa. Joe Zawinul - In A Silent Way. Joe Zawinul - His Last Journey. Joe Zawinul - Double Image. Joe Zawinul - Arrival In A New York. Gulda & Zawinul - Live, 1988, Philharmonie Cologne. Friedrich Gulda, Joe Zawinul, WDR Big Band Köln. 2014 Live. The Essential Joe Zawinul. Classic Jazz Icons. The Jazz Masters - Wayne Shorter & Joe Zawinul. Wayne Shorter, Joe Zawinul. The Jazz Masters - Joe Zawinul. Christmas Moments With Joe Zawinul. Joe Zawinul in Christmas Wonderland. Don't Worry Be Jazzy By Wayne Shorter & Joe Zawinul. Album 1971 5 Songs. Get Started. United States. Internet Service Terms. Cookie Warning. Discover all of this album's music connections, watch videos, listen to music, discuss and to music from Joe Zawinul & The Zawinul Syndicate. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Joe Zawinul & The Zawinul Syndicate. Similar Artists. The Zawinul Syndicate. 4,150 listeners. Ben Webster & Joe Zawinul. 1,414 listeners. John McLaughlin and the 4th Dimension. Zawinul is a fusion music album recording by JOE ZAWINUL released in 1971 on CD, LPVinyl andor cassette. Joe Zawinul electric piano Herbie Hancock electric piano George Davis tracks 1-3 & 5, Hubert Laws track 4 flute Woody Shaw tracks 1, 2, 4 & 5, Jimmy Owens track 3 trumpet Earl Turbinton tracks 1-3 & 5, Wayne. Doctor Honoris Causa, 13:47. In a Silent Way, 04:45
Related to Zawinul - Zawinul
Weather Report - Sweetnighter
Weather Report - Procession
Weather Report - Heavy Weather
The Zawinul Syndicate - The Immigrants
Miles Davis - In A Silent Way
Weather Report - Weather Report
Joe Zawinul Trio - To You With Love
Weather Report - Mr. Gone
Cannonball Adderley - Cannonball Plays Zawinul
Pippo Matino - Joe Zawinul Tribute